23 April, 2012

Osama bin Laden (1)

A Washington state man who pledged not to shave his beard until Osama bin Laden was brought to justice said he was overjoyed to shave upon hearing of his death.
Gary Weddle, 50, of East Wenatchee, said he stopped shaving after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and pledged not to cut his beard until bin Laden was captured or proven dead, Capital Press reported Tuesday.
"I spent my first five minutes crying and then I couldn't get it off fast enough," Weddle said of hearing the news of the terrorist leader's death Sunday night.
Weddle's wife, Donita, said she was similarly overjoyed to see her husband shave his beard.
"I wanted him to get rid of it, but it was his vow," Donita said. "I respected his passion and keeping a vow. I was willing to look past the beard because I love him.
"He looks 10 years younger," she said. "It's a very happy moment for us. It's a very happy moment for the whole nation."

No comments:

Post a Comment